Nestled into a cul-de-sac, walking distance from schools, you'll find a home you'll never have to leave. There's room to grow and time to play. Pool, hot tub, dog run, side yard large enough to park your boat or RV. Northgate High and Foothill Middle are close enough to not have to buy your kiddo a car. :) Not to mention Mt. Diablo walking/hiking and equestrian trails. San Francisco commute from BART is about 38 minutes. This one won't last...
An Interview with The Seller: 3318 Cottingham Ct, Walnut Creek CA 94598-4013
Active status and more info: http://www.elizabethrusso.com/property/40794938
5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3,043 sq ft home, 11,000 sq ft property
How come you're moving?
Our baby birds have flown the coop and bought a home of their own, we retired, and we're ready to hit the open road and see the rest of the United States.
Tell us 3 features you love most about your home?
- My favorite feature of the home is the size of the rooms, that there are two stories and the house is large. This provides the ability to have many things going on in the home at one time without disturbing each other.
- The family room has been especially nice with high schoolers able to have a feeling of separate space with parents actually immediately nearby.
- I also love the wood in the house. It attracted me when I first saw it.
3 besties about the location of your home?
- The house is in a great school attendance area with Northgate High School. The academic performance of the school is high, the extracurricular offerings have been wonderful. There is a culture of success at the school and it is available in many different forms for those with differing interests. The wonderful school is within walking distance of the house. The walk is safe.
- There are many, varied commercial and food establishments nearby. Much new commercial has been built at Ygnacio Ave and Oak Grove Blvd. It is also great to see the older and original shopping continue to be successful; securing new tenants when there are departures and investing in the stores structure and maintenance.
- Transportation to work centers is good, especially with BART. There are efficient and regular buses, and you can successfully commute to San Francisco from the house.
Tell us about any upgrades or updates you've done?
- We bought the house without window coverings except in the family room. We added the window draperies in the dinning & living room.
- Rebuilt the furnace in 2014.
- Replaced downstairs vinyl floors in the common bathroom, kitchen, wet bar and laundry room in 2015.
- Replaced built in oven and range-top in 2016.
- Replaced the swimming pool two stage pump and the associated booster pump in 2016.
- Replaced lighting in family room, 5th bedroom master bedroom and master bathroom, dining room and laundry room in 2017.
- Painted parts or all of interior of home, 4 bedrooms, dining room, downstairs bathroom and shared spaces, entry, steps, lading and hallway in 2017.
- Secured a pest report and hired contractor to remedy and documents work. We cleared all outstanding items on the report.
- Painted all exterior woods on the house 2017.
Schools per http://demo.mdusd.org/schoolfinder:
- Elementary School: Walnut Acres Elementary
- Middle School: Foothill Middle
- High School: Northgate High
Tell us about your utility costs?
Electric Provider: PG&EAverage bill: $350Winter bill: $465Summer bill: 330Gas Provider: PG&EAverage bill: $40Winter bill: $180Summer bill: $12
Tell us about your house or give us a a room-by-room description?
Kitchen: Large with built in oven and dishwasher. Jenn-Aire range-top and separate cooking grill arranged under brick arch work with original charm. Expansive counter space. Lots of cabinet storage and pantry cupboard.Large, sunny breakfast eating area for 6 persons. The kitchen overlooks the pool.
Living Room: Very large living room accommodates our piano. Custom draperies. Pleasant formal setting.
Master Bedroom Suite: Large master bedroom suite with lots of closets and double vanity plus a master bathroom, Buyers have option to open double sliding doors to 5th bedroom and create a truly larger than expected master suite with office or Library. Also master suite has walk in shoe closet.
Outside Features: Pool and extensive yard. Yard includes basketball sports court, large swimming pool patio with outdoor lighting. Roses garden area and concealed pet run. Yard has shed and an automated sprinkler system. Stucco exterior, two story, three car garage. Fireproof concrete tile roofing.